Tips For Successful Real Estate Door Knocking in 2021
Here are 6 great ways for you to grow your business with door knocking in 2021 and beyond! We understand it can be stressful just thinking about walking through a neighborhood and knocking on random homeowner's doors. That is why we will help you create a plan!
1. Know Who Will Answer The Door
Do your homework about your neighborhood before knocking on your first door. Is this a high rental neighborhood, are they older homeowners, do they tend to have kids? All of these answers will factor in when you go knocking and the information you should be sharing to demonstrate the value you are bringing to their door.
2. Be Ready When They Do Answer
Ready to introduce yourself to your new farm? We help you break the ice with these elegant and friendly introduction postcards. These Agent Announcement cards help you soften the moment between the homeowner answering the door and you sharing your verbal pitch. This handy card also gives you something to leave with the person for future reference.
3. Let Your Closed Deals Be Your Value Statement
Every closed deal in your pocket demonstrates your value to a potential new listing client. Print out a listing of your past closed deals and show the variety of listings you have represented, variety of locations, and variety of price points. If you have a large inventory of closed deals, you can focus on the properties that directly relate to the neighborhood you will be walking through.
4. Be Prepared For When They Don't Answer
Leaving a Door Hanger showcases your brand and reminds homeowners who the dominant agent in the neighborhood is. Hand out a unique Door Hanger homeowners will keep long after you’ve dropped it off. It’s also the perfect way to follow up with potential clients and figure out their real estate needs.
5. Closing At The Door Isn't The Goal
Your primary goal with door knocking is introducing yourself to your farm, establishing a first great impression, sharing your value statement, and seeing how you can best serve the person standing in front of you. Are they happy where they are? Have they been thinking about moving? Are they curious about their current home value?
As a professional real estate agent, you can help them understand about refinancing their home, figuring out where they really want to live and why - maybe be closer to grandkids - and you can definitely follow up with a comprehensive home value report via email or you can drop it off next week!
6. Have Business Cards Become Old Fashioned?
How many people do you have on your phone contact list? How many business cards do you have in your wallet or jacket pocket? Is it becoming clearer? Set yourself apart with killer business cards that represent you and your personal style! Be the one they have in their wallet.
Pro-tip: Make sure your business cards convey your professionalism and attention to detail. The Corefact business cards come in several editable designs and are printed double-sided on 120# matte cover with a UV-coated finish on the front. Order a business card you’ll be proud to hand to potential clients.
1. Wear clothing that represents the image you want your new client to appreciate and respect - while also remaining comfortable to a variety of weather conditions and time walking around.
2. Don't wear yourself out your first-day door knocking. Pace yourself by making a list of how many homes you want to visit in the neighborhood and then break them down to 15-30 homes per day you have available for walking your farm. This way you are strategically using your time, have enough energy to engage with available homeowners, and you are tracking your progress!
3. Stay safe! Sometimes when walking a new neighborhood it is a good idea to not walk alone. Taking along a fellow agent or friend who can keep you company on your path, will give you space while you are knocking - but is nearby in case of any emergencies.
Our Customer service team is ready to come to the rescue:
Call us: +(866) 777-3986
Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 5 PM PST