17 Tips to Maximize the Success of Your Farm
Ready to dominate your farm? Check out this list of 17 things you can do to maximize the success in your farm.
- Research areas that you want to farm and measure how many homes have sold over the last 12 months. This is the turnover rate. Check your local MLS or contact your title agent partner to get these numbers.
- Pick the number of homes to which you’d like to market. Be sure the number is one that you’ll be able to maintain and is within your budget.
- Sign up with a postcard mailing company like Corefact who offers a lead tracking device on all postcards you can measure.
- For those just getting started in your farm, we suggest mailing out three times a month for six months, then two times for three months, and one time a month for as long as you farm there.
- Create a website for that specific farm.
- Create a community page or join a local community page like NextDoor. Go a step further and place ads on NextDoor.
- Create Facebook Ads that target the community to bring people to your landing pages to capture sellers and buyers.
- Create a blog for the community and drive traffic by putting the URL on Facebook Ads, mailers, and door hangers. Make posts that focus on the neighborhood, including market activity, local events, highlights of schools, and other interesting topics.
- Have mega open houses in your farm. If you don't have listings there, find agents that have one and ask to hold it open.
- Doorknock around the farm once every three months. Drop off a flyer with comps or share local events or local news.
- Gather emails when you doorknock by asking if they would like to receive monthly updates on their neighborhood or home value.
- Create one local video a month highlighting a restaurant, an area, or a place to visit. Then blast it on Facebook and other social media and via email to your database and farm.
- When you take a listing (or you have written permission to market a local home from the broker), post it on social media and use local and popular hashtags in the area.
- Visit broker opens and agent open houses in your farm every week, so you connect with the local agents to find out about the pocket listings they have coming up. This will make you a pro in the area.
- Create events for the community and invite your farm. Ideas include movies at the park, potluck block parties, family events, food drives, and community garage sales.
- Meet neighbors and connect with them. Send a follow-up handwritten note card thanking them for their time.
- Reach out to the expired listings around your farm area with a list from Prospect Now or ReboGateway.
Our Customer service team is ready to come to the rescue:
Call us: +(866) 777-3986
Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 5 PM PST